West Valley Chinese Academy’s Code of Conduct
All WVCA students must obey the following rules:
- Be on time, don’t have inexcusable tardiness or leave the class early, and follow the class schedule. You are considered tardy if you enter the classroom five minutes after the bell rings.
- Finish assignments and turn them in on time. If you are excusably absent, late or need to leave school early, you need to inform your teacher in advance. It is your responsibility to also make up any missed assignments.
- Be focused during class, participate actively, and do not interrupt the the class. No chewing gum in class. Unless given permission by the teacher, you are not allowed to leave the classroom during class hours.
- No running in the classroom or hallways at any time. You shall not disrupt others with loud noises.
- Do not remove any equipment or supplies from the classroom that does not belong to you, or erase anything on the boards left by the host school’s teacher. Do not move or play with any computers or other electronics in the classroom. Do not play with switches or apparatuses of any kind, especially fire alarms or extinguishers. Do not damage the host school’s property. If anyone damages the school’s property, he or she will be required to pay for the damages.
- Foul language and profanity are prohibited. No bullying, teasing, or bothering other people.
- No drugs, alcohol, firearms, knives, or smoking are allowed on campus. No video games are permitted either.
- Respect the teachers, parents and classmates. Obey the campus duty officers. Follow directions by teachers and parents.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the classroom except water. Do not throw food or drink containers in the classroom waste baskets. Eat your snacks outside of the building.
- The teacher will give a verbal warning if a student does not follow the above regulations. If it is a severe infraction, then a meeting will be called for with the principal. If a student disobeys three times, the school administration will have a conference with parents. If a student provides threats or bad influence, we reserve the right to suspend or expel the student without a tuition refund.